Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Shit I text my mum

(After discussing with my mother if I should go see a doctor, and that I'm released from school rather early, and that I want to change out of my uniform before visiting the doctor...)

Mum: Then go back and change

Me: Affirmative.

Mum: Y u say me like that - the meaning is that which affirms / to say that a thing is

Me: I concur to that factual nugget filled with information

Mum: Wrong channel (a reference to our daily lives as she watches mostly the Mandarin TV channel while I the English speaking ones)

Me: I am deeply apologetic as I am incapable of understanding and discerning the concept of your profound reply

Mum: Not free to talk to u , I need to works, I know your English v good la

Me: I am profoundly thankful and grateful for your rare words of praise in regards to my skills in the language of English, though as the humble person I am, I cannot take full credit without a guilty conscience. Much as I would like to extend my gratitude to all who have bestowed upon me the teachings in the language, I cannot digress in addressing the fact that I am truly woeful for your current status of work as I, on the contrary, am about to be dismissed of school duty, unlike you who must continue yours.

Mum: Ka na sai (you're a shit in Hokkien)

Me: I am sorry, but I beg your pardon?

9 comments:

  1. This was quite amuzing! I whole heartily enjoyed the diolague between youself and your mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, my conversations tend to follow the same route with my mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly more interesting than the conversations I have with my parents, which consist soley of:
    "How are you?" "Fine."

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, I'm glad my mum doesn't talk like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, she's kinda bad with English, is she? :D
    You should hear my mom! :D

    Interesting blog; following, mate! :)

    ReplyDelete