Thursday, September 8, 2011

Well guys, I haven't have much time to blog recently as my examinations are around the corner.

So well. You can wait for actual updates or just look out for small snippets of whatever I feel like posting randomly.

Anyway, one of my ambitions from young would be to become a novelist! It'd be so damn cool, to write out my lame geeky fantasies, hur hur hur. In anyway, this is a composition I've done as practice during my 'O' Levels examinations period. It's a narrative, so meh.

And oh, it's 100% original content, though it's copypasta from my other blog, hehe.

Here it is!

1. Write about an occasion when friends turned into enemies.


I have always admired true friendship that withstood the longest of time, the furthest of distances, and the most difficult of tests. I also believe friendship is key to success. However, nowadays, people just take friendship for granted, more like a source of convenience than a bond between a lifetime of soul mates. Superficial friendship is extremely common nowadays, especially between teenagers, like the quarrelling Jamie and Lynn over here. These two had only swore eternal friendship between each other only a week ago, and now they're engaged in a heated argument like blood enemies. The most ironic part is that their friendship has been ruined by a worthless and trivial matter.

Jamie and Lynn are both fifteen year old schoolgirls. Jamie has dark wavy hair that reaches her shoulders. Her skin tone was as fair as snow, and her facial features were pretty and elfin. Being quite tall for her age, her built and beautiful figure resembles one of a model's. As the most popular girl in school, her pretty smile melted many unsuspecting boys' hearts, and she is the most sought after girl in school. Lynn, on the other hand, is a little bit shorter than Jamie. She has shoulder length jet black hair, and her body is extremely atheletic, the result of being in the school's various sports teams. Though she does not look as mesmerising as Jamie, her big, round hazel coloured eyes, petite nose and the wide smile she always wear on her face had her a fairly large amount of suitors. These two ravishing beauties are often the center of attention for most male teenagers in the school. But I pity these fools. Beauty is but skin deep, if only they knew the dark side of these two girls, they would probably be disgusted and appalled.

It was just awhile ago that Jamie and Lynn started quarreling. As their little squabble got more intense, Jamie's face quickly contorted with rage and hate. Her once enchanting features were no more. Her furrow of her brows and frown showed that she was smothering with rage. Lynn was no different from Jamie. She was furious. Her face turned scarlet red as she took offense at an insult Jamie hurled mercilessly at her 'friend'. The squabble soon grew into a major quarrel. Heart-breaking, confidence-crushing insults were thrown at each other. Both of them were not spared from the excessive use of vulgarities too. It was obvious their friendship was over, and that they would never become friends again. The thought of that lifted my spirits a little.

I despised them, for using friendship as just another way to make each other more popular. I rejoiced and grew elated as the fight intensified. With each insult, my joy grew, I was elated to see two friends turn into enemies. Soon, the fight escalated and the tension in the room was bursting. How I wished I had a video camera to record down the fall of their friendship. Their voices grew louder, and their voices were filled with each other's burning wrath. Both of them quivering and livid with rage, their fight would soon become a brawl, I silently thought myself, as another euphoria took hold of me.

"Shut up, you ugly pig!" Jamie spat, "You two are never meant to be!"

"What did you say, you mutant freak?" Lynn shot back, daring Jamie with a raised fist. "My patience is not to be tested, you dinosaur face!"

"You're asking for it!" Jamie snapped, but before she could finish, Lynn shot her fist at her.

I laughed mercilessly at their childishness. Fists flew and punches were dished, the sorry state of the two girls were laughable. Now, Jamie's face was a bloodied mess, and Lynn's hair was extremely messed up, and her T-shirt was badly torn. With a cry of anger, Jamie throws herself at Lynn, grabs her hair, and with almost superhuman strength, she tries to pull every single strand of hair out. Lynn, in response, tries to shake Jamie off, and with her powerful legs, she gives Jamie an extremely forceful kick that sends Jamie to the ground, panting and sweating profusely. What an exciting fight, I thought to myself.

It was not the first time women fought for me. Being an exquisite piece of jewellery, I could heighten one's beauty when put on. With many large and glamorous pearls tastefully stringed into a necklace, I was an aesthetically pleasing piece of must-have jewellery for beauty queens. I was also the reincarnate of Jealousy. Countless friendships were wreaked because of women's desire for me. I was a gem in their eyes that they have to lay their hands on. I was also the seed of jealousy that would grow between two friends. Lynn was showing me off to Jamie when Jamie started commenting that I looked ugly on Lynn. Jamie was obviously jealous of Lynn, and their friendship would soon be over just because of a piece of ornament. How pathetic.

Just then, Jamie stands up, and pins Lynn to the wall. Excitement surged through me as I believed their catfight would continue. Then, with the strength of a bull and the dexterity of a monkey, Jamie used her right hand to strangle Lynn, and with her left hand, she grabbed hold of me.

In a voice trembling with rage and fatigue, she yelled blaringly, "If I can't have it, neither can you!", as she started to apply more force.

I braced myself for the worse.

1 comment: